What is Microsoft DreamSpark?
DreamSpark is a Microsoft program that supports technical education by providing access to Microsoft software for learning, teaching and research purposes. The program is available to eligible Oakland University students and faculty.
The software can be used for personal non-commercial projects or coursework only. For more information about Microsoft DreamSpark, you may also visit the DreamSpark web site.
How to get Microsoft DreamSpark Software?
Getting software is easy! Please follow these steps and remember, depending on the volume of requests, this process can take some time... so submit your request as early as possible.
1. Click the "Request Access" link on
the right menu and log in with your OU netID.
2. Fill out and submit the web form. In your OU e-mail, you will receive a submission confirmation from the web form, and a second e-mail when we receive your form. Reply to the second e-mail if you need help during the registration process.
3. You will receive a third e-mail from SBA Helpdesk when we activate your account. Follow the link provided in that e-mail to complete your account registration. The username which you will use to log-in will be your entire OU e-mail address.
4. Once you've finished registration, click the "Portal Login" link on the right menu to log in with the username and password you just created.
If you wish to change your password after you log in, you may do so by clicking "Your Account" at the top of the screen, and then "Change Password" on the Account Management page. If you need help or have questions at any point, feel free to contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (248) 370-4411.
NOTICE: How to download DreamSpark Software?
1. Find the product you wish to order/purchase from the MSDNAA web site.
2. It is important to select the “Download” version of the software when presented the choice, as the “DreamSpark Premium” category provides no means of downloading the software, and only gives a license key. Please see the below example for Windows 7 Professional.